2016 Street Improvement Project - Minnewashta Manor Area
At the October 9, 2017 City Council meeting, the Council approved a supplement to the assessment roll to extend the interest-free period to October 1, 2018 and move the additional deadlines back as follows:
- Payment due to the City of Chanhassen Finance Department by October 1, 2018 and no interest will be collected.
- Payment due to the City of Chanhassen Finance Department between October 2, 2018 and December 31, 2018 and interest owed will be calculated from October 2 to the date paid.
- If payment is not received by the City of Chanhassen Finance Department by December 31, 2018, the assessments are to be proposed for a 10-year term at an interest rate of 5.75% to appear on the County tax statements. Interest will be collected each year based on the outstanding principal owed on the assessment.
This project includes the reconstruction of Minnewashta Manor neighborhood in the summer of 2017. The streets will be reconstructed to the existing width and concrete curb and gutter is proposed to be installed. The water main under the street and the water services from the water main to the property line will be replaced. Some sanitary sewer repairs will be completed within the reconstruction area. Stormwater management improvements will also be made.
Bids were received and opened on Tuesday, December 6, 2016. Acceptance of bids and award of contract is scheduled for Monday, January 23, 2017 at which time the Bid Alternate will be approved.
March 14, 2018
Phases I & IIA
Remaining restoration work will begin once the frost is out of the ground and working conditions allow. The final layer of bituminous will be placed in late June in conjunction with Phase IIB.
Washta Bay Road (Phase IIB)
Beginning on or about, April 2, CenterPoint Energy will begin relocating gas lines in the project area.
- First week of May: Traffic control will be installed, sanitary manholes will be lowered, temporary water will be set up and road reclaiming and removals will begin.
- Second week of May: Pipe work will begin and is expected to take approximately three weeks to complete.
- Excavation and street work will begin after all utility work is completed.
Project completion is planned for July, 2018.
Please Note: All schedules are weather permitting and may fluctuate in either direction of the anticipated dates.
|Project Notifications Disclaimer|
|Due to the variability of construction, updates typically do not include specific details such as day-to-day scheduled activity. The City's inspector or contractor will notify occupants directly if they will be impacted by a utility service shut down (example: water shutoff), or work (such as excavation or new curb) that will impede access to the property for a period of hours or days.|