Lost & Found Animals

Report a Lost or Found Animal

Have you recently lost a pet or found a lost animal? To report a lost pet or found animal, call the Community Service Officers at 952-227-1607. After hours, on weekends or holidays, you may call Carver County Dispatch at 952-361-1231 for assistance.

In addition, you can post pictures and information about your lost pet on the city's Facebook Page.

Animal Impound Location

As of November 1, 2014, Countryside Veterinarian and Feed is the primary impound facility for the City of Chanhassen. They are located at 13950 Highway 5 in Young America. The phone number is 952-442-4200.

Only dogs are impounded by the City of Chanhassen.


As stated in their contract with the city, Countryside Veterinarian and Feed's primary goal is to reunite animals with their owners; however, impounded dogs can be put up for adoption after five (5) consecutive business days.

Stray Cats

If you find a stray cat, a Community Service Officer can use a microchip scanner to help identify the animal. Stray cats can be taken to the Animal Humane Society in Golden Valley. An appointment is required.

Check on the Lost Cats MN Facebook Page to see if the cat was reported missing, or post a picture of the cat.

Before removing a cat from the area it was found, consider that some owners allow their cat outdoors on a regular basis. The cat you found may be a roaming-owned cat. If the cat appears healthy and friendly, it likely has an owner and there's a good chance it will find its way back home on its own.