Ice Skating Rinks
2021-2022 Rink Season
Warming houses will open for the 2021-2022 season on Thursday, December 30! All warming houses except for Roundhouse Park will be open on December 30 from 10am-9pm. The rest of the season will follow the schedule listed under “Warming House Hours of Operation” below! Stay tuned to this webpage for warming house hours, updates, and closures as we move throughout the season. Happy skating!
Stay tuned to this page for updates regarding our outdoor ice rinks and warming houses. Website updates will be posted Monday-Friday. For information regarding warming house closures, call our weather hotline at 952-227-1411.
- 1/25/2022: All warming houses will be CLOSED on Tuesday, January 25 due to the frigid temperatures.
- 1/14/2022: Due to the heavy snowfall today and this evening, warming houses will be closed. Our maintenance team will begin plowing trails at 2:30am on Saturday morning, then move to clear off all rinks for normal operation.
- 1/8/2022: North Lotus Lake warming house will be closing at 3pm due to staffing shortages. All other warming houses are opened as scheduled.
- 1/6/2021: All warming houses will be CLOSED on Thursday, January 6 due to frigid temperatures.
Rink & Warming House Locations
Check out the table below or learn more with our Rink location map.
|Park||Address||Family Rinks||Hockey Rinks*||Warming House|
|City Center Park||7700 Market Blvd.||1||1||Yes|
|Chanhassen Recreation Center||2310 Coulter Blvd.||1||2||Yes|
|North Lotus Lake Park||295 Pleasant View Rd.||1||1||Yes|
|Bandimere Park||9405 Great Plains Blvd.||1||1||Yes|
|Roundhouse Park||3950 Kings Rd.||1||None||Yes
|Pioneer Pass Park||9630 Bluff Creek Dr.||1||None||No|
*Local hockey associations utilize 1 hockey rink at each location for team hockey practices. Hockey rinks are utilized by associations on Monday – Thursday evenings from 5:30pm-7:30pm at Bandimere Park, North Lotus Lake Park, and City Center Park & 5pm-9pm at the Chanhassen Recreation Center.
Rink & Warming House Hours
Rink hours of operation
Outdoor skating rinks are open during park hours, 6am-10pm daily. See below for warming house hours of operation.
Warming house hours of operation
|Park||Address||M-F||Saturday||Sunday||District 112 no-school days||Dec. 24 & Dec. 31||Dec. 25|
|City Center Park||7700 Market Blvd.||4-9pm||10am-9pm||1-7pm||10am-9pm||10am-3pm||CLOSED|
|Chanhassen Recreation Center||2310 Coulter Blvd.||4-9pm||10am-9pm||1-7pm||10am-9pm||10am-3pm||CLOSED|
|North Lotus Lake Park||295 Pleasant View Rd.||4-9pm||10am-9pm||1-7pm||10am-9pm||10am-3pm||CLOSED|
|Bandimere Park||9405 Great Plains Blvd.||4-9pm||10am-9pm||1-7pm||10am-9pm||10am-3pm||CLOSED|
|Roundhouse Park||3950 Kings Rd.||CLOSED||12-6pm||1-7pm||12-6pm||10am-3pm||CLOSED|
Rink Flooding Policy
Initial rink flooding
Outdoor skating rinks are flooded and open to the public from approximately December 14-February 28, depending on weather conditions.
Sustained single-digit temperatures are required for our park maintenance teams to begin initial rink flooding on our grass and asphalt rink bases. In recent years, weather has not always cooperated in this way. As a result, the following is the City of Chanhassen’s policy to determine calendar dates of when it is and isn’t appropriate to flood rinks.
If skating rinks can be opened on January 10 or before, all rinks will be flooded. The season will be cancelled if rinks are not opened by January 11.
Weekly maintenance flooding
Outdoor skating rinks undergo weekly maintenance flooding, if weather conditions allow for effective flooding. Many factors affect city staff’s ability to effectively flood skating rinks, including:
- Air temperature, including temperatures preceding and following any given day. Sustained single-digit or well below freezing temperatures are required for effective maintenance flooding of the rinks.
- Snow or rain events, including events preceding and following any given day. During snow events, crosswalks, school parking lots and sidewalks, and city trails are plowed by park maintenance teams prior to the clearing and flooding of rinks.
- Cloud cover/amount of sun. During periods of high sun, especially in late February and March, the sun heats the asphalt hockey rink bases and rink ice can begin to melt.
Every effort will be made to maintain quality outdoor ice skating rinks. If outdoor rinks are in poor or unsafe condition, please notify Mitchell Czech, Recreation Supervisor at 952-227-1129 or email@example.com.
Are Rinks Available for Reservation or Rental?
At this time, our outdoor rinks and warming houses are not available for rental. They are available to use on a first-come, first-serve basis.
COVID-19 Policies & Procedures
All current state and local safety guidelines must be followed when utilizing Chanhassen’s outdoor rinks and warming houses. Hand hygiene is encouraged, and please stay home if you are sick or exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19. For more information on current health and safety guidelines, click here.