Senior Center Operations During COVID-19
We are extremely aware that we serve a high-risk group. As such, we will take all necessary precautions to provide a safe but enjoyable environment for those who wish to continue social activities. The Senior Center has established the following guidelines for our guests:
- Call ahead for availability on all programs
- Enter at east entrance only (main Senior Center door)
- Sign in upon entering at the station near the Senior Center Coordinator’s office
- Wear a mask
- Maintain a social distance of 6 feet and a 2-hour time limit at the Center
- Wash hands /use hand sanitizer as recommended
- Please remain at home if exhibiting any symptoms of illness
PLEASE NOTE: Participants are strongly encouraged to call in advance and register for a time or program. If we have more than the allowed number of people in the Center, you may be asked to leave and return at another time. Also, please keep in mind that the schedule of activities will necessarily remain fluid, adjusting as needed based on local and federal guidelines.
- Book Clubs
- Fiddle, Strings & Jam Session
- Woodcarvers’ Studio
- Individual Active Older Adult Groups
- Footcare Services
- Individual and Family Care Consultation
- Delicious Meals!
- Virtual/Zoom Caregiver Support Group
- In-Person Caregiver Support Group
- Mah Jongg
- Chan-o-Laires Choir
- Crochet Group
Providing service to seniors since July 4, 1992, the Chanhassen Senior Center offers a welcoming environment and hosts an array of activities and programs for individuals age 55 and older. Recreational, educational, health and wellness programs, monthly special events, day and extended trips, senior clubs, cards and woodcarving are just some of the favorites.
Whether you are newly retired, new to the Chanhassen area, or looking to get involved, take time to visit the Senior Center and you will discover one of Chanhassen’s most popular destinations! We’d like to note that while our service area is primarily Chanhassen, we gladly welcome residents from all surrounding communities.
The mission of the Senior Center is to establish an inviting setting that enhances quality of life and maximizes use of leisure time for seniors. The center strives to provide a variety of programs and classes of interest for seniors of all ages. It is a fun, welcoming place for people to meet new and greet old friends!