Chanhassen-Carver County Day at the Arboretum
Friday, July 14, 2017Minnesota Landscape Arboretum
Chanhassen and Carver County residents will get a free entry to the Minnesota Landscape Arboretum (8am-8pm) on July 14 where they can meet city and county officials, have coffee, juice and bagels and take in the summer exhibits at the Arboretum.
Arboretum Director Peter Moe and other elected city and county officials will start the event with a public welcome to residents and visitors in the Oswald Visitor Center at 10 a.m. Enjoy complimentary coffee, juice and bagels during the welcome.
Plan your family friendly day with these activities in mind:
- Storytime at 10:30 a.m. in the Great Hall featuring books on bugs and plants suitable for the young and young at heart.
- Join a free, guided garden highlights tour starting at 11 am. Meet at the Information desk in the Oswald Visitor Center prior to 11 am.
- Explore the world of honey bees, bumble bees and more, and find out how they achieve their states as champion pollen movers. Without their work, our grocery stores and gardens would look sadly different. Search for bee diversity in the Bee Center's garden, explore the pollinator exhibits and get a taste of the honey bees' sweet treasure from the hive. NOTE: Adults should plan to attend with their child. Non-participating siblings are welcome to attend if they are not a distraction to the group. Siblings who participate should be registered. This session will be exclusively available, free of charge, to residents of Chanhassen/Carver County! Come to the Bee Center on this day and show proof of residency to claim your spot: First come, first served, limit 40 students. Tashjian Bee and Pollinator Discovery Center.
- Take a ride on the free BeeLine Shuttle, the new red Toro trams that carry guests around Three-Mile Drive. They pick up and drop off at shuttle stops every 20 minutes at the Home Demo Garden, Sculpture Garden and Maze Garden.
- Pick up your free Tree Scavenger Hunt sheet at the Information Desk. Complete the hunt and receive a sweet reward!
- Start seeing tree houses in a whole new light. the "Amazing Spaces, Places and Escapes: Re-imaging Tree Houses" summer exhibit captures the whimsy, artistic fancy, interpretation, and 'wild' points of view in 12 outdoor structures or sculptures.
Come and join your Chanhassen-Carver County neighbors for a day of fun and flowers at the Minnesota Landscape Arboretum!
The Minnesota Landscape Arboretum, the largest public garden in the Upper Midwest and a premier northern arboretum, is part of the College of Food, Agricultural and Natural Resource Sciences at the University of Minnesota, a community and national resource for horticultural and environmental information, research, and public education. Open 363 days a year, it is located 9 miles west of I-494 on Hwy 5 in Chanhassen.