Canoe/Kayak Storage Rack
Canoe and kayak storage rack space is available from April 15 through November 1 (depending on ice conditions.) All watercraft racks are assigned on a lottery basis to Chanhassen residents. Chanhassen residents may apply for a spot beginning January 1 and the lottery will be held Wednesday, April 10, 2019. Beginning April 11, non-Chanhassen residents may apply and will be considered depending on availability.
*Please note that all watercraft must be registered with the State of Minnesota if required by state law.
Please send your completed application and payment to:
City of Chanhassen
Attn: Jerry Ruegemer
PO Box 147
Chanhassen, MN 55317
|Location||Number of Spots
|Lake Ann Beach
1456 W 7th Street
6891 Lotus Trail
|Type of Resident
- Identification on the watercraft must be stated on the rental application, including brand name, color, length, and Minnesota state watercraft registration number if required.
- The City of Chanhassen will recognize only the person whose signature appears on the application as being the responsible holder of the canoe/kayak space. At no time may this individual sub-lease the use of the rented storage space.
- Watercraft should not exceed the following dimensions:
- 20' in length, 36" in width, and 20" in depth
Security & Liability:
- Renters assume all risks to persons and/or property. The City of Chanhassen is not liable for any injury, damage, or loss that may occur, including vandalism, theft, and/or weather.
- Renters are responsible for providing their own locking devices and watercraft should be secured on both ends of the watercraft.
- No winter storage allowed.
- ALL canoes/kayaks must be removed by November 1.
- Canoes/kayaks left on the storage racks after November 1 may be impounded. A service charge of $50 will be required for owners to reclaim their watercraft.