Surface Water Resources
Chanhassen has an abundance of surface water resources which include lakes, streams, ponds, and wetlands. The city’s Surface Water Management Plan outlines goals for managing these resources.
Water quality, lakeshore preservation, lake level variability, and flood management are some of the important issues that impact the quality of life enjoyed by all residents.
We all have a role to play in the management of these resources for the benefit of wildlife ecosystems that rely on it. Whether through direct use of Chanhassen’s many lakes, streams, ponds, and wetlands or through runoff from yards, driveways, and streets, pollutants find their way into the water and degrade these valuable resources.
- Carver County Soil and Water Conservation District - Provides assistance to citizens in protecting land and water
- Carver County Volunteer Opportunities - How you and the family can get involved water management programs
- Freshwater Society - Educating citizens to value, conserve, and protect water resources
- Lake Management - DNR Lake information
- Minnesota Department of Natural Resources- Water Resources
- Minnesota Water Let's Keep It Clean- Stormwater education for the Twin Cities Metro Area
- MPCA Guide to Lake Protection and Management - Minnesota Pollution Control Agency
- Stormwater Runoff - Environmental Protection Agency
- University of Minnesota Extension Service - Water Resource Education
- US Geological Survey (USGS) - Provides data for the nation's water resources
- Wetland Conservation Act - Minnesota Board of Water and Soil Resources