Avienda (Pronounced: Ah-vee-EN-da) is located in the area of Highway 212 and Powers Boulevard. Avienda offers a desirable, diverse shopping and lifestyle destination with convenient access. As a gateway to the City of Chanhassen, development in Avienda should blend the best of residential, retail, office, medical and hospitality. It should support high quality, attractive design that is compatible as a whole with forms and materials that are authentic to the region.
- December 16, 2021: The developer's contractor has wrapped up construction activity for the year and is anticipated to continue public utility construction during the spring of 2022. The goal will be to complete the major utility construction by the early summer and begin street construction shortly thereafter.
- October 29, 2021: The developer's contractor is scheduled to begin public utility construction November 1st. This includes the construction of public watermain, sanitary sewer, along with the public and private stormwater improvements associated with Phase 1.
- September 22, 2021: The developer hosted the utility preconstruction meeting. It is anticipated that major utility installations will begin in the beginning of November, 2021.
- September 14, 2021: The City received final utility plans in association with the approved Final Plat and Development Contract. Final road designs for the public street improvements which includes Bluff Creek Drive, Avienda Parkway, and Sunset Trail are anticipated to be submitted in the beginning of November, 2021.
- September 7, 2021: An application for a subdivision, “Avienda Townhomes”, was received which is proposing to plat Outlots A and C of Avienda into 39 unit lots, three common lots and three outlots. Currently the public hearing for preliminary plat is scheduled for the Planning Commission on October 5, 2021 at 7:00 p.m. at City Hall and the City Council date is tentatively scheduled for October 25, 2021 at 7:00 p.m. The plans include the extension of public and private streets, public utilities, and other improvements to facilitate the construction of 39 villa homes by Charles Cudd Co. More information including project documents can be found here: http://www.ci.chanhassen.mn.us/1778/Avienda-Townhomes-Outlots-A-C-Avienda.
- July 12, 2021: The City Council considers approval of the Final Plat and Development Contract, which is platting the public right-of-way and various outlots. The various outlots will be further platted and developed in the future. No formal site improvement plans are being considered or approved at this time.
Related Documents & Resources
|Project Notifications Disclaimer|
|Due to the variability of construction, updates typically do not include specific details such as day-to-day scheduled activity. The City's inspector or contractor will notify occupants directly if they will be impacted by a utility service shut down (example: water shutoff), or work (such as excavation or new curb) that will impede access to the property for a period of hours or days.|