Providing service to seniors since July 4, 1992, the Chanhassen Senior Center offers a welcoming environment and hosts an array of activities and programs for individuals age 55 and older. Recreational, educational, health and wellness programs, monthly special events, day and extended trips, senior clubs, cards and woodcarving are just some of the favorites.
Whether you are newly retired, new to the Chanhassen area, or looking to get involved, take time to visit the Senior Center and you will discover one of Chanhassen’s most popular destinations! We’d like to note that while our service area is primarily Chanhassen, we gladly welcome residents from all surrounding communities.
The mission of the Senior Center is to establish an inviting setting that enhances quality of life and maximizes use of leisure time for seniors. The center strives to provide a variety of programs and classes of interest for seniors of all ages. It is a fun, welcoming place for people to meet new and greet old friends!
Senior Center Operations During COVID-19
We are extremely aware that we serve a high-risk group. As such, we will take all necessary precautions to provide a safe but enjoyable environment for those who wish to continue social activities. The Senior Center has established the following guidelines for our guests:
- Reservations are strongly encouraged. Call ahead for availability on all programs
- Enter at east entrance only (main Senior Center door)
- Sign in upon entering and out again when leaving at the station near the Senior Center Coordinator’s office
- Wear a mask
- Maintain a social distance of 6 feet and a 2-hour time limit at the Center
- Wash hands /use hand sanitizer as recommended
- Wipe all personally touched surfaces with disinfecting cloths
- Please remain at home if exhibiting any symptoms of illness
Location and Hours
We are located in the lower level of City Hall at 7700 Market Boulevard. Beginning July 7, 2020, our modified hours of operation are Monday through Thursday from 9AM to 3:30PM and Friday from 9AM-noon.
Programs Reopening as of July 7, 2020:
PLEASE NOTE: Participants are strongly encouraged to call in advance and register for a time or program. If we have more than the allowed number of people in the Center, you may be asked to leave and return at another time. Also, please keep in mind that the schedule of activities will necessarily remain fluid, adjusting as needed based on local and federal guidelines.
- Book Clubs (10 people or less), 4th Monday of the month from 1-2:30PM , Maple Corner
- Fiddle, Strings & Jam Session, Fridays from 9:30-11AM, Maple Corner. COST: $2
- Woodcarvers’ Studio, Tue-Fri from 9-11:30AM, Workshop. A maximum of 10 allowed in the carving room. Reservations are strongly encouraged. Any number over 10 will be asked to return another day.
- Coffee and Chat Time, groups of 10 or less will be allowed to meet at the Center for a maximum of 2 hours on a registration-only basis, or if you prefer, you can sit outside on the Plaza. You may bring your own coffee or purchase coffee service from the Center ($1 per cup, and safety service guidelines will be in place). Sorry, no outside food allowed inside the Senior Center at this time.
- Individual Active Older Adult Groups, groups of 10 or less will be allowed to meet at the Center for a maximum of 2 hours on a registration-only basis. These groups do not include card and game clubs, but may include groups gathering for book studies, coffee and conversation, individual hobbies/crafting/needlework, etc. Groups reserving space will be asked for a $2 per person fee per time, with a maximum of $20 per month per group. This will be applied to disinfection and cleaning supplies. Sorry, no group-shared food is allowed inside the Senior Center at this time.
- Footcare Services, 1st Tuesday of the month from 9AM-noon with Nurse Brenda; 3rd Thursday of the month from 9AM-2PM with Nurse Kim. COST: $45 per session
- Individual and Family Care Consultation, sessions with a social worker to discuss caregiving and available services for care receivers. First 1-hr. session is free. Offered by Senior Community Services. Call LeeAnn at 952-934-3370 for an appointment
- Delicious Meals! Enjoy a home-delivered meal from CAP Agency (dine-in option currently not available). Delivery is free, and meals are paid for by your donation of up to $5; however, no one is turned away if unable to donate. Contact the Chanhassen Senior Nutrition Site at 952-227-1127 to order meals.***Reservations must be made 4 business days in advance***
- Virtual/Zoom Caregiver Support Group, 1st Thursday of the month from 1:30-3:30 PM. Call LeeAnn at 952-934-3370 for more information
- In-Person Caregiver Support Group, 2nd Thursday of the month from 1:30-3:30 PM. Call LeeAnn at 952-934-3370 for more information
**The following groups will NOT BE allowed to meet until further notice for safety reasons:
- Card play: Bridge, 500, Hand & Foot, Cribbage
- Mah Jongg
- Chan-o-Laires Choir
- Memory Café