Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19)
Chanhassen’s Response to COVID-19
Residents are still encouraged to call or email City staff with any City-related questions or business whenever possible. Utility bill payments that cannot be mailed may be placed either in the outdoor or Administrative Offices entrance lobby drop boxes. Please call City Hall with any questions: 952.227.1100.
City and Public Meetings
- City meetings may be viewed live electronically. For City Council meetings: details HERE. For Planning Commission meetings: details HERE. For Park and Recreation Commission meetings, watch the meeting online at www.ci.chanhassen.mn.us/agendas or on Mediacom Cable Channel 107.2
- As the Mayor, City Council and City Staff continue to evaluate and determine essential and non-essential City functions, the City’s website and social media pages will be updated to reflect those determinations
Department Information & Impacted Services
- Building department will provide permit and inspection services in a normal capacity
- Inspections will be conducted as normally, with the only exception being that they will be prioritized based on impact to the health and safety of the community and our staff
- Please use the Fire/Law Enforcement/Building & Permit entrance to drop off or pick up permits
REMINDER: Visitors are required to wear masks per the governor's mandate and maintain six feet of separation between themselves and other individuals. Hand sanitizer is available for all visitors.
Carver County Sheriff’s Office:
- The Carver County Sheriff’s Office is operating at normal capacity with the exception of responding to medical calls for service for “flu-like” symptoms
Engineering and Public Works:
- Please call 952-227-1160 with any engineering questions, or 952-227-1300 for Public Works questions
- The Chanhassen Fire Department is operating at normal capacity with the exception of responding to medical calls for service for “flu-like” symptoms
Parks and Recreation:
- Recreation Programs – Some programs scheduled for city facilities have resumed. See what's currently offered in our latest Connection. Please visit our Virtual Recreation Programs page for activities and fun things to do!
- For Parks and Recreation questions--including program registration--please call 952-227-1100
Planning and Zoning:
- Land-use applications are being accepted, and business is being conducted as normal
- For planning and zoning questions, please call 952-227-1130
- COVID-19 does not present any additional risk to individuals through water supply or wastewater (More information from the CDC can be found here)
- Utility payments can be made via mail, online, in person, or in the drop boxes located outside City Hall and inside the Administrative (front) City Hall entrance.
- For utility billing questions, please call 952-227-1144
For additional questions please contact Interim City Manager Heather Johnston at 952-227-1119 or Assistant City Manager Jake Foster at: 952-227-1118.
Who to call?
- Emergencies: 9-1-1
- Non-Emergencies: 952-361-1231 (Carver County Dispatch)
- Carver County Mental Health Crisis Hotline: 952-442-7601
- Carver County Department of Health and Human Services website: www.co.carver.mn.us/covid-19. Information on COVID-19 in Chanhassen and Carver County
- Minnesota Department of Health - School and Childcare Questions: 651-297-1304 (7 days a week, 7 a.m.-7 p.m.), or 1-800-657-3903
- Minnesota Department of Health – Health Questions: 651-201-3920 (7 days week, 7 a.m. - 7 p.m.)
- Carver County Public Health: Phone: 952-361-1329; email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Eastern Carver County SD 112 COVID-19 website: http://www.district112.org/district-information/covid-19-information/
- Minnesota Dept. of Health COVID-19 website: https://www.health.state.mn.us/diseases/coronavirus/index.html
- CDC website: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
Business Maximum Occupancy Information
- Maximum occupancy specifications for bars and restaurants:
- Occupancy calculator: